Zen Yoga: Breathe, love and Zen-ify your life....plus have #CheongsamConfidence!
|From my Chinese New Year tea in 2014.......
More often than not I hear reasons from beautiful ladies claiming their fear of wearing the Qipao (Cheongsam) as though it is the hardest dress to wear in the world....this is exactly the reason why I continue to write about the Qipao, answer questions as well as messages on the Qipao, and in fact turned the Cheongsam (Qipao) to become the main focus of my blog. The message I have always wanted to give other fellow females remains the same; YOU wear the Qipao (Cheongsam)! The Qipao originally began as a handmade tailored dress especially made for the body of one single female, so the dress was made to fit the lady and not the other way round. Writing for as many years as I have about the Qipao, I hope to help you find ways to uncover the right Qipao for your body in this off-the-rack high speed mass production world, or make a Qipao into your Cheongsam. [Qipao Love] It is also why I decided to open up in starting to review modern Qipao dresses too, because there is no one dress fits all in existence. We are all different and all unique.
Miss May page):
- Inspire a 'body positive image' with yoga and meditation posts focused on your physical as well as mental wellbeing.
- Help you build confidence in overcoming your perceived barriers through styling the Qipao to embrace your beauty...in a vintage way.
- Share knowledge and be a resource to you when it comes to everything about the Qipao (Cheongsam)...before it becomes a dying art one day.
......and will be backing my message with a mini-campaign for women called 'Cheongsam Confidence'. So I invite you my darling readers to join this search for meaningful clarity, body positivity and indulgence in love for yourself as a truly living being. I suggest we start by disecting our daily rituals, which seem psychologically ingrained within us in becoming natural habits to life, but what do they really mean? When you brush your teeth in a rush whilst checking off your to-do list in your mind, you are likely to forget how many minutes or even if you have brushed all your teeth properly. In a fast paced world we are used to multi-tasking, but it doesn't mean we are more productive or even more efficient by doing so. As one can argue we have become too busily distracted that even taking 2 minutes to care for our teeth, which will stay a lifetime with us if kept healthy, has become too much of an investment in time. Question is; if 2 minutes is too much time to invest in you, then what meaning are you subconsciously enforcing to yourself? This is of course a rather rashly simple example, but the essence of the message is to be mindfully present in every moment of your own life and take care of the you that you should love....for you only have one body.
'A day in the life of a Zen monk' by EmptyMind Films] Remember the videos I pledged to create in raising funds for charity last year? In the following weeks, I shall start to reveal some videos that are currently in the pipeline to help you enrich your body positivity and body confidence....in an aim to banishing the "I can't wear a Qipao because" reasons. I sincerely hope that after a months time, you darlings will join me in 'Cheongsam Confidence' to make a decision towards positive body image, loving the Qipao and more importantly honouring yourself with love for yourself.....after all a dress designed for women should not be a barrier to women!
|Share and spread the word....you're invited to be #CheongsamConfident!
- Sharing your decision to support a body positive image and news of the campaign with your readers or followers on your blogs, Facebook pages, website or social media (Feel free to share the pink #CheongsamConfidence photo above)
- Tweet on Twitter or post on Facebook (or page) a photo of YOU wearing your Qipao (Cheongsam or even Cheongsam top) with the hashtag #CheongsamConfidence on 20th Feb 2015 (Second day of Chinese New Year)
- Link-up with your blog post about you and your Cheongsam (ie. experience, hopes, style) to the Walking in May #CheongsamConfidence post on 20th Feb 2015 (Link will be open on Walking in May then)
- Cheongsam designers, shops or bloggers can back the campaign openly by joining our 'supporters list' which will be published in the Walking in May posts
- Also join the Google Hangout session (probably beginning of February), where those interested can join to have a Q&A or discussion....in asking any Cheongsam styling questions!
Let's wear the Cheongsam (Qipao) with purpose as well as love this Chinese New Year! Here's wishing you all a fabulously happy and confident week ahead!
Until the next time,
♥ May xxPS: Sharing is loving, and there's still time to enter the cat themed GIVEAWAY 2......hurry!
♥ Follow ‘Walking in May’:
Love on Bloglovin
Plus on Google+
Like on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
Pin on Pinterest
THANK YOU darlings! ♥
|From my Chinese New Year celebrations in 2014.......