Week 6: Self-Belief Poster [7 Week Self-Love Party]
💥 Like a chain reaction, our False Beliefs when triggered by a situation, event or incident, will cause our thoughts and emotions to affect each other to create an instinctive reaction. For example, when we feel down, depressed or in a low mood we are more likely to circulate in negative thoughts, then project those thoughts or feelings in our reaction. In a similar way, when we have negative thoughts circulating in our mind, we are more likely to feel depressed, sad or in a low mood...so if we encounter a triggering incident, event or situation at this time we are likely to react based on how we think and feel (refer to the process in photo below). Imagine how you will react if someone criticises you harshly when you are feeling depressed or thinking negatively?
💬 Therefore in Week 6 we will revisit some of the Negative Self-Talk that you explored (during Week 3: Creating Space), to uncover your False Beliefs and create a Self-Belief Poster! Here's how we will do it:
- In your journal, write a list of Negative Self-Talk that you often have (feel free to refer to the task during Week 3) and brainstorm some ideas on your False Beliefs. For example:
- Negative Self-Talk: I'm so stupid
- False Belief: I'm not intelligent enough and can't do anything right, or I always fail at everything.
- Roots or who it sounds like: My father
- Impact or Shadow Self Reaction: Sees the whole day as negative and depressing, or projects a negative outcome for the situation.
- How can you make peace with it: I don't need to be perfect and I can learn from every experience - Strive for learning and progress, not perfection - I define success as contentment and I am grateful for all the gifts I have - I am enough.